Monday, March 28, 2011

Latest Development in JoliOS (formerly known as Jolicloud) And Why It's Better Then Chrome OS

If you followed me or my blog you already know I have the Google Chrome OS Netbook (CR-48).
I spent the last couple of months exploring it and getting to know it.
I also have another Netbook (Dell Inspiron mini 10v) that has JoliOS on it (dual boot with XP).


After a while of comparing them I can say without a doubt that JoliOS is much better for number of reasons.


  1. Support native apps.
  2. Great cloud services integration. (I will add more about that soon)
  3. Support for a wide variety of machines (netbooks notebooks and desktops).
  4. Great support team.
  5. Stability
  6. Flexibility
For those reasons and maybe some more I would prefer JoliOS if you are looking for a cloud operating system.
Just to make it clear - Chrome OS is a great operating system (which is probably an exaggeration to call it that) but it is not yet ready for mass production IMO.

Before I will elaborate on JoliOS latests updates that makes it even better I must say its still have a few cons.
  1. Some apps feel to much like a website I would like to see an email app that blend into the OS.
  2. Lack in social approach. I would like to see a live stream from Twitter Facebook and maybe other social networks.
Now for the latest Joli OS updates:
  1. Seamless Dropbox integration. you feel like Dropbox is actually a drive in your computer and not a cloud service
  2. Seamless Google Docs integration that let you see a thumbnail preview of the document, you can even open and edit the document without the need for a new tab.



Now Jolicloud team - this is what I was waiting for! you guys are doing great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment